Tuesday, September 18, 2007

i am but a broken flower.

i am but a broken flower,
tossing about in this wind,
where or where will i land eventually, and in what sort of a condition?

i am just flitting and flying at the mercy of these base elements.
i am scared and extremely fearful of being up here so high.
will i ever ever stop and where will i eventually land?

the rain is battering down pellets, big and hard.
my petals are bruised and quite quite broken.
i can feel nothing now except for my constant pain, it is racing down my core.

i saw my mother ahead in this flurry, she was calling and calling out to me.
and then this blustering force blew her away and again, i am all alone.
what will become of me, and where oh where will i be?

i am falling down down down, and as i hit the ground, i am dizzy.
the storm has passed, and i feel the gentle stirrings from the sun.
and i lie here in my sad state, and just wait.

i am but a broken flower.

author's note: thinking like a school girl ~ amreeth

No comments: