Thursday, June 5, 2008

in memory of the blues...

so 11 days to go, and i am 40. today is my SIL's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRAN).
and i realize just how away i have been on iguana news. i have been extremely stuck on FaceBook and my new Fluff Friend, and only yesterday decided to read my sifu's Lizards-In-Scarves Blog.

the shock and pure hatred i felt. first at reading about the seven blue iguanas that were brutally murdered in their cages at the botanical park in the Cayman Islands in May! and then when i googled to find their pictures, and read over and over again how brutalized they really were, and that NO ONE has been found guilty as yet... i saw red. every time i closed my eyes, i could feel this hot red wave wash over me and i came that close to flying to the Cayman Islands, buying a gun, and lashing out at any potential suspects.

needless to say, i went home, had a stiff whiskey, spoke to my mother, fell asleep and woke up this morning, still numb, still in mourning and reeling at what those blues must have felt in their last moments. and then i woke IggySingh up, and she uncurled her tail, and stretched out, giving me a quick kiss, and i poured all my positive vibes into her, and then back out at the world. i also took my very smart mother's advise and said a prayer for the souls of the 7 blues, lighting some candles for them this morning.

the seal hunt is about to start. and so on we go with more human violence against defenceless creatures of God's creation that look to us as their guardians. and you wonder why i hide out on FaceBook where nothing is real.

No comments: