Friday, June 20, 2008

birthdays and then some...

3 folk share a birthday today: Veena Kanda, Edward Cullen and Nicole Kidman.

happy birthday my sista Veen :) i wish you all that is pure and happy, with lots of sex thrown into the mix! amen!!!
Edward was born in 1901, is a vampire and unknown to him, my BFF Mz. LWB is smitten and then some. le sigh! how this has kept us going these last 2 weeks.
Nicole is on the other hand, human like Veen, is 41, and just one year older than muah, and as the radio DJs put it this a.m.... UNLINED! yes, her porcelain skin is remarkable.

i have had the best week ever. my client and dear friend Su bought me a birthday lunch yesterday at Centro, and MADAM here had nasi lemak. the verry 1st time since i was diagnosed to be glucose intolerant, and mannnn, was it worth every morsel (of course 1/3 the rice!)
my oldest and dearest friend Socks bought me a Moroccan dinner at One Bangsar last night, and we had the best time ever. i got the best "present" - a picture of a land iguana taken on their recent holiday to the Galapagos Islands. he was wild and happy and just about to eat a cactus. and coincidentally in the very same card, my favvorite Bon Jovi song written out in full - Welcome to Wherever You Are. and of course the best of the best thing really was the time we got to spend together, the happiness at just hanging out, the bitter sharing of life's twisted and unwanted lessons, and the realization that we are that "friend" to each other that has been constant :) you know? just like in that song.

todayyy, my office is taking me out to the KLCC for Tim Sum and i am again felling truly blessed. oh, and peeps?? it is FRIDAY!

2 comments:

larawannabe said...

Sigh. I'm in love with a fictional character. I need help :p

amreeth said...

don't we all??? lmaorotf.