Monday, July 23, 2007

a story for children - iggy looks for the sun part 2

Perdone, por favor = Excuse me, please.
Para ir a la playa? = How do I get to the beach?

"Hello, IggySingh. I have come to visit you. It is too wet and windy out on the porch, and I thought it might be warm and dry inside. Yes, yes, indeed it is. Ahem, may I join you?" Cicak spoke in short staccato baritone sounds, that seemed to vibrate. He looked cold too and was trying to push his enormous glasses back up his nose, as once again they were threatening to fall off.

"Oh, hello Cicak," IggySingh sadly, "Yes. Please do come in. This is miserable weather. I am turning brown."

"Hmmm, yes, yes, tsk tsk. I can see that IggySingh. You are indeed missing Senor Sun. But I am afraid I have some rather bad news," Cicak said, pausing to scratch his neck uncomfortably.

IggySingh could see that Cicak was distressed about something, and immediately remembering her manners, she sat up to ask "Oh dear, is everything all right with Mrs. Cicak and the family?"
Cicak responded, "Oh, ahem, yes, yes, thank you IggySingh. All of us are fine. Junior lost his tail this morning, but he should have a new one all grown back in no time at all. I'm afraid the news I have come to share this evening, is about you."

"What?? Whatever do you mean Cicak?" IggySingh said, suddenly feeling a little afraid, but she continued bravely on, "The bad news is connected to me? How so?"

"Well," Cicak continued, "there is a very strong rumor that Senor Sun has moved to the beaches of Jamaica, where he is meeting up with the broader rays of his family for what started off as a month long holiday, however..."

"What? How can that be?", IggySingh cried out, interrupting Cicak. "A month of his absence will mean a month of miserable rain? Are you sure?"

"Well actually IggySingh, I hear that Senor Sun is not coming back to Malaysia at all now. He has actually fallen in love with the gentle breezes and the vast blue skies of Jamaica, and regrets that he has had to contend with the Malaysian haze and the Selangor Bus pollution situation for as long as he has... and now he has discovered Jamaica, well..." Cicak trailed off, wringing his front legs together helplessly.

"Not coming back at all?", IggySingh suddenly felt quite dizzy, and had to lie her head back down. She closed her eyes slowly and could feel her little heart beating rapidly against her little rib cage. "Oh, no. He has to come back. Senor Sun has to come back..."

to be continued...

2 comments:

My So-Called Life said...

i guess igs will need to continue her search coz I don't see Mr. Sun anywhere in the sky today. Good for humans, but less so for iguanas.

You know if we do end up with the house in jelutong maybe you can bring igs out as there are nice open area for her run around...but you can't leash her right?

Waiting for loan applications to come thru...please help pray for me too? :-/

amreeth said...

i always pray for you NY :) u r in my daily prayers, but i will do a focused prayer these next few weeks k?

thanks :)) it will be interesting to see how IggySingh reacts. she had a bad time in the open the last time (that fcking zoo from hell!). ahem...

yes, you can't leash the green iguana, as their dewlaps and spikes will get damaged.. but you can harness them around their "waist" just in front of their back legs... that will work, and i will have to do that incase HRH sees a bird or plane and takes off, my life will be over (you can imagine...)

hehe.