Tuesday, July 24, 2007

an ode to whom i have become

Donde puedo comprar una pala? = Where can I buy a shovel?

bitter. twisted. ugly. and full of hate.
these lingering words left over sit, in a small recess in the very back of my soul.
i almost forget that they reside there still.

happy and content, tripping over my present, i occasionally fall stumbling into my past.
unsuspecting, confused, these blinding flashbacks they flood my mind.
blinking at each individual word, once shouted, so very heart felt, agonizing. each utterance surfaces slowly, drowning my consciousness.

i allow myself the wonderment of how many years have passed now, and i always find myself shaking my head, and pulling back my shoulders.
i laugh at these hurtful words that once made me obediently crawl into those little holes you hand made for me.
and i wonder why? when the sun is so bright now where i stand...
what power did these meaningless words really have?

none, now. and i throw yet another conversation you imposed out of my collective unconsciousness.
another healing step takes place, and my soul, she smiles.

~amreeth~

6 comments:

larawannabe said...

i give my salute to those who can write a poem because i cant to save my life even!

amreeth said...

hehehe :) thanks LWB. for your support!!!

this is what i enjoy most. writing these dark sad poems.
my teenage years were very much influenced by Heathcliff and Catherine's dismal kharma in relationships.. and Sylvia Platt. hmmm....

My So-Called Life said...

see i told what you write here is way too fucking deep for my teeny tiny brain ok!!

Was that a poem? I couldn't even tell! I thought you were just doing your normal writing, and I was just wondering who said what etc.

:-P

amreeth said...

hahahaha! yes, it was a poem NY :)
I LOVE YOU. keep visiting...

p.s. ok, the interpretation is: an ex-boy friend that was a bast*rd and how now i wonder why i even listened (when i remember he existed)... that's the highest level break-down i can do ;p

Rajes said...

ok, a bit late in the comment but I agree with Nina!I never would have guessed that to be a poem but good one though(now that I know what it is). SAK, you need to write more to fit Nina and my teeny, tiny brain.Hey, my very first note on your blog but not a very smart one though ;)

amreeth said...

hey my dear friend :) WELCOME and thank you for your comment. it was smart enough for me. and i refuse to believe you and NY have teeny, tiny brains!
hugs.