Monday, July 16, 2007

and the Gods made these beads just so...

Quiero una habitacion con una cama doble = I would like a room with a double bed.

i can sleep! finally, at 39 :) praise MALACHITE.

"known as the stone of transformation, it assists one in changing situations. it helps to activate all chakras especially stimulating the heart and the throat chakras. releases and draws out pain, inflammation, depression, anger, heals blocks. it is also the abundance stone, and with its equalizing and balancing vibration, it can create an unobstructed path leading to a desired goal."

most importantly it facilitates sleep and overcomes nightmares and i can sleep now!!! i swear this malachite bracelet has cured me of my "insomnia"... or rather my state of constant anxiety so i can actually sleep right through the night now. yup, all the way from 10pm to 5:30am. sigh.. bliss.
coincidence? who cares? but a happy chance encounter for me irregardless.

what insomnia??! hmm, didn't you know that i am just generally anxious all the time?? even when i am relaxed as in even the heights of the ultimate relaxation and getting a manicure or a foot massage, the poor manicurist/masseur has to keep tapping my fingers/foot every 10 minutes, and say - "just relax. just relax."
even when i am lunching with close friends and family and totally enjoying the moment and just being there with them, i am constantly thinking about what i have forgotten, or what i need to do next. and my mind is half-way elsewhere.

and i have also occasionally suffered the dreaded "anxiety attack" and have just learnt to press my finger-nails into both my palms, to keep on smiling and to breathe deeply. the trigger? who knows? could be a perfectly ordinary sequence of events.
my heart is currently measured at a rapid heart-beat rate, even when in a state of rest. but when having an "attack", boy-o... it is literally akin to having a heart-attack almost. the wrenching pain, the boom boom boom of my heart ringing in my ears. it's a rush alright ;)

so, what more sleep then? every moment of my day, my week, my past week, my potential next day marches right through my conscious and sub-conscious in "repeat". i relieve e.v.e.r.y. meeting, e.v.e.r.y. presentation, e.v.e.r.y. potential pitch over and over again in my REM.
ever watch "Groundhog Day"? hmm, then you get some idea of what my sleep is like. waking up every 2 hours. 2.5 hours tops. staring at the ceiling. tossing and turning. watching the clock. going back to sleep and "watching" the whole sequence all over again.

always awake before my alarm. jumping out of bed with my heart pumping full of adrenalin at the alarm. like i have consumed 6 espressos. chanting in fast forward. even my dentist asked me once if i grind my teeth in my sleep. hah! maybe i should videotape myself?

now? man, i sleep right through my alarm!
i don't remember my dreams.
i don't even remember my nightmares (which are ingredients of a completely different story!).
i drive to work yawning. and i need 2 cups of coffee before i can articulate or make any sense. yippee!
i am sleepy, even mid-morning at my desk :)
and i am happy...

No comments: